Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Track Times at Willow Springs

So I sent an email to Jeff "Slipp" Dixon asking him for some information about the classes and his lap times. Here is what I got.

He races in Fomula Twins Heavywieght and Battle Of The Twins Heavywieght. Mostly competing against open class twins from Ducati and Aprillia. His bike, the Buell XBRR, was built to compete against middleweight machines, 600s so typically he is "out-classed" by more powerful bikes.

Slipp's fastest lap time so far at Willow Springs is 1:23.45. I am not sure if that time was done on the XBRR or another bike. I will let you know as soon as I get the official word from him. The lap record was set last year by Kenny Kopecky on an ex world superbike Ducati 999r at 1:23.39.

The track is 2.5 miles which puts their average speed at about 107 MPH . Pretty Quick!

No comments: