Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ditch the Harley-Davidson Oil

If you have a Harley or a Buell, don't let anyone ever put that Harley-Davidson crap oil in your bike. Get it the F out if you value your engine and its performance. Suggestions... Motul & Amsoil. All of the Buell race bikes are running Motul which is what my mechanic just put into my bike. He said that when he pulled the Harley oil out, barely at 2500 miles (which HD / Buell claims you can go 5k with Syn), it looked like choclate bars coming out.

Since I have been running the Motul in my 08 XB12X, I have not had to add a drop of oil. I check it every fillup and all is well. I am currently about 1800 miles in, and with the HD oil I would be half way through a quart. Engine is quieter and smoother, and the fan does not seem to run as much anymore. Reduce the friction, reduce the heat, reduce the wear.

No comments: