Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Disconnecting the acutator cable

So... there have not been any negative long term effects resulting from disconnecting the actuator cable that goes between the airbox and the exhaust. The bike seems to respond better overall and I have actually seen an increase in gas mileage. That may be due to me not have to bury the damn throttle all of the time in anticipation of needing the power.

On a side note, I swapped out my stock exhaust for a Jardine RT-1. The bike has a ton more zip to it and I haven't noticed any change in the gas milage, but I do get pop when I roll off the throttle. I put in the baffle, which helped, but I still get some popping. I wish Buell would come out with a programmable ECU for the 08+ XB's. I am going to pull the baffle out and plug a couple of the holes in hopes it will create enough back pressure so the pop goes away, and thus balances the system. It does run a bit lean on idle and will stall sometimes when cold, but overall it runs better.

Still loving this bike! The XB12X is at the top of my list for most favorite bikes ever.

No comments: