Saturday, May 17, 2008

Buell 1125R

I got a chance to test ride an 1125R today while I was waiting for the dealer to put on my new tires. I only got to ride the bike for about 15 miles, so I really can't give it a full review. I am going to schedule a longer ride for some time in the next couple weeks.

My initial observations

Very smooth - You barely feel the bike idling between your legs.

Very light - I think it weighs somewhere around 375 lbs, but actually feels like 325.

Corners nicely - The bike felt very stable, and it didn't take much convincing to get it to turn.

Smooth gearbox - When shifting, the gears were very smooth.

Vibrations in handlebars - Although the bike was smooth, there was some vibration in the handlebars. Some end bar weights should take care of it though.

Heat - There seemed to be some significant heat coming off of the bike, of course that could have something to do with the 95+ degree weather today.

I can't wait to get it into the canyons!

No comments: